July 24, 2020
Dear Family Members,
Crofton Care and Rehab Center is happy to announce that we will begin limited scheduled outdoor visitations pending the approval of our policy from the Anne Arundel County Health Department. This phase of visitation is very new to all of us and our visitation procedures will probably change several times as we learn what works best for our residents, families and staff to keep everyone safe. Each station will have a designated visitation space outside the building. Our plan is to start with a limited section of the building and to slowly open up to all eligible residents. New admissions and any residents in their mandated 14 day observation period are not eligible for any outdoor visits. Once they are beyond the 14 day observation period they will be allowed to participate in this program. We ask for your patience and understanding during this process.
Our hope is to begin visitation on Wednesday July 29th but this is dependent on our plan’s approval from the County. We are starting our visitation program with Station 2 and 3 residents whose rooms are located on the interior courtyard because they have been unable to receive window visits during the pandemic. Visitations during this opening week will be scheduled on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 8 AM, 9 AM and 10 AM. Next week we will update the schedule based on the success of this initial phase of visits. While we understand the excitement of this next step, we still need to adhere to strict guidelines to ensure the safety of our residents, families and staff. Crofton’s plan is based on guidance issued from the Maryland Department of Health in conjunction with CMS, CDC and the local health department.
What you need to know prior to outdoor visitations:
• Visitors are limited to two (2) individuals per resident over the age of 18.
• Visitors must provide their own face mask that is to be worn properly during the entire visit. (covering nose and mouth)
• No food, gifts or animals are permitted in the visitation booths.
• Proper social distancing must be maintained at all times. No physical contact is allowed.
• Visitors are required to review and complete the visitation form prior to visit.
• Visitations are weather permitting (rain, storms, heat etc.) and are subject to change.
• Residents have the right to decline any visitation.
• Residents must be past their 14 day observation period prior to participating in outdoor visits.
How to schedule outdoor visits:
• All outdoor visitations are by appointment only and must be scheduled through the Therapeutic Recreation Department. We are working on an online scheduling system that we hope to have up and running in the next couple of weeks.
• All appointments are limited to 20 minutes and are scheduled on the hour.
What to do on the day of visitation:
• Visitors are to call the facility when they have arrived.
• Visitors should stay in their vehicle until directed by facility staff to go to the dedicated visitation location.
• Visitors will be screened by staff including having their temperature checked and confirming screening questions.
• Visitors will need to sanitize hands prior to and after visit.
• Visitation times will not be extended if visitors are late
Once outdoor visitations begin there will be NO window visits allowed between 8 AM and 11 AM to ensure proper social distancing guidelines are being followed. Visitors who do not comply with safety guidelines (e.g. masking and social distancing) will be asked to leave and may lose visitation privileges. As we begin implementing our outdoor visitations please note that there may be unforeseen circumstances that impact this process. We will continue to evaluate our current outdoor visitation policy, make adjustments as needed and inform you of any changes. This is a big step forward for all of us, let’s work together to make it a success!
Philip J. Gordon, Sr., N.H.A.
2131 Davidsonville Road
Crofton, MD 21114
Phone: (410) 721-1000
Fax: (410) 721-2749