June 15, 2021
Dear Family Members,
Crofton Care and Rehab Center would like to inform you of some changes made to our visitation policy. The policy explains the visitation procedures for Long-Term Care and Short-Term/Rehab residents.
What you need to know prior to indoor visitations (for ALL visitors):
- New admissions and readmissions that are NOT fully vaccinated* are mandated to a 14 day observation period are not eligible to participate in our visitation program. Once patients are beyond their 14 day observation period they will be eligible to participate in our visitation program.
- New admissions and readmissions that ARE fully vaccinated* are not subjected to the observation period.
- *The CDC defines ‘Fully vaccinated’ as a person who is more than 2 weeks following receipt of the 2nd dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer or Moderna), or more than 2 weeks following receipt of one dose of a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson).
- Visitors are limited to two (2) individuals per resident
- Only visitors over the age of 5 are permitted. Children MUST be able to follow infection control protocols and properly wear a face mask during the visit.
- Visitors should arrive to the facility 15 minutes prior to the scheduled visit to allow time for the screening and check-in process
- Visitors will be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., temperature checks, questions or observations about exposure, signs and symptoms)
- During check-in visitors will be instructed on use of personal protective equipment (PPE), handing hygiene, social distancing, and other important infection control protocols.
- All visitors are required to answer the COVID screening questions and review and sign the Visitation Agreement.
- Visitors must properly wear a face mask (covering nose and mouth)
- Proper social distancing (6 ft) must be maintained at all times from other residents and visitors.
- Residents have the right to decline any visitation
- Residents who have signs or symptoms of illness OR with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 (including those without symptoms) may not receive visitors until they have been cleared via observation or Transmission-Based Precautions.
- This includes those that have received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Visitors who do not comply with safety guidelines (e.g. masking and social distancing) will be asked to leave and may lose visitation privileges.
Long-Term Care Visitation
- Indoor visits will be held in the main dining room, where multiple visitation stations will be created
Our visiting days/times are as follows:
- Monday: 5:00 or 6:30 pm
- Tuesday: 1:30 or 3:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:30 or 11:00 am
- Thursday: 1:30 or 3:00 pm
- Friday: 9:30 or 11:00 am
- Saturday: 9:30 or 11:00 am
- Each visit will be scheduled and limited to 60 minutes
- The days and times of these visits may change as we evaluate the needs and preferences of both residents and visitors.
How to schedule indoor visits for long-term care residents:
- All visits are by appointment only and scheduled through our booking site at https://croftoncareandrehabcenter.simplybook.me/
- This is a request for a visit. You will receive a confirmation email once approved.
- All requests will be reviewed in the order that they are received. Please allow 2 business days for a response.
- In effort to accommodate all requests we may have to limit weekly visits
Visitation times are as follows:
- 9am-12pm and 2pm-5pm
- Other visitation times may be requested
Things to note:
- Therapy comes first and may impact visitation availability
- Residents who share a room will need to visit in the designated day rooms
- Visitation area availability is on a first come, first serve basis
- Be courteous to other residents and visitors and limit your visit
- Visits are allowed in the courtyard on weather permitting days
For any additional questions in regards to our visitation program please contact Amber Moore, Therapeutic Recreation Director, by email at email@example.com.
As we begin implementing our indoor visitations please note that there may be unforeseen circumstances that impact this process. We will continue to evaluate our current indoor visitation policy, make adjustments as needed and inform you of any changes. We ask for your patience and understanding during this process. We look forward to seeing everyone again!
Mary F. Wheat, CTRS, CDP, NHA
2131 Davidsonville Road
Crofton, MD 21114
Phone: (410) 721-1000
Fax: (410) 721-2749